Monday, April 25, 2011

The Invisible Children: The Sound Of Silence

"We cannot do great things on this Earth, only small things with great love." 
- Mother Teresa -


A year ago armed with nothing more then a documentary film, their belief in their cause, and their collective voice, a group called The "Invisible Children" came to Ringling to share their story. The group made us aware of the events taking place in Uganda and in the Congo. Today thousands of children are being kidnapped in the night and forced to fight for the LRA (Lords Resistance Army) under guerrilla leader Joseph Kony.


After listening to their message I felt inspired to take action and do my part to help the greater good. We think sometimes that poverty is only being hungry, naked, and homeless. The poverty of being unwanted, unloved, and uncared for is the greatest poverty of all. I want to help bring freedom and hope to these "Invisible Children" by giving up my voice so that they can be heard.

I hope that you will help support me and help me reach out and help them. Like Mother Teresa spoke we can only do small things with great love, please help me reach out and make a difference to these children. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment